Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Importance of Words

So this week I have been thinking about the importance of words especially for the use of encouraging one another but even more specifically how much power there is in encouragement from someone of the opposite sex. I think a lot of people (myself included) have veered away from encouraging people of the opposite sex because we are worried about how it will come across to them. I know that I have been SO guilty of that. Anyways, I was chatting on Facebook with someone and they told me that I would make someone a great wife someday. It was a simple, heartfelt compliment but it was SO encouraging to me because it told me that I'm doing something right! It's comments like that, that keep me going, knowing that other people can see the fruit of the Father in me. I'm not saying that we should do things to be noticed by any means, but it's encouraging to know that someone sees the fruit of the Father in you and isn't afraid to let you know that! I am personally going to try and do a better job of encouraging my brothers in the LORD, and guys, let me know the kinds of these that encourage you!!

Okay, I'm off my soapbox for now :)
But I would love to hear what you think!!
God Bless!!

Photobucket

No comments: